Oculoplastics is the subspecialty of ophthalmology that evaluates condition of the eyelid, lacrimal system and orbit. Dr. Pletcher has been trained in evaluation and treatment of thess conditions and is involved in most evaluations at Great Lakes Eye Care.
Common conditions that are diagnosed and treated include:
- Entropion (eyelids that turn in)
- Ectropion (eyelids that turn out)
- Ptosis (drooping eyelids)
- Dermatochalasis (eyelid skin that overlaps the eyelids)
- Brow Ptosis (drooping or sagging brows)
- Eyelid lesions or cancers
- Styes or Chalazion (infected or blocked oil and sweat glands of the eyelid)
- Nasolacrimal obstruction (tear duct blockages)
- Graves Disease (prominent eyes from an overactive thyroid condition)
If you have concern for a condition in this category or something related, please schedule an evaluation with Dr. Pletcher. If you are scheduled with another provider and need to be sent to Dr. Pletcher for treatment, they will refer you.